The Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) is an innovative and independent U.S. foreign assistance agency that is helping lead the fight against global poverty.
The Environmental & Social Performance (ESP) Program Officer will report to MCC's Global Practice Leader for ESP and serve as a member of MCC's ESP Practice group. You will collaborate with MCC staff and partner country counterparts to help promote sound environmental and social performance of program activities and ensure compliance with MCC's environmental and social standards and guidelines. As a Program Officer you will:
- Provide technical and administrative support on the evaluation and management of environmental and social risks and performance of MCC-funded activities and help to identify opportunities for enhancing project design and implementation.
- Engage on key program development and implementation activities to help ensure that MCC-funded activities comply with host country laws and regulations, the MCC Environmental Guidelines and the International Finance Corporation's Environmental and Social Performance Standards.
- Review project-related documents (concept papers, feasibility studies, environmental and social assessments and management plans, consultant terms of reference, construction bidding documents, work plans, resettlement action plans and performance monitoring plans) to ensure environmental and social considerations are properly taken into account in the design, feasibility, implementation, timing, and budgets for MCC-funded activities.
- Undertake occasional site visits to partner countries in support of project development and implementation oversight to ensure sound environmental and social performance.
- Prepare and/or review terms of reference, budgets, timelines and cost estimates for international and domestic procurement services, and assist with the management of contractors, consultants, and inter-agency agreements.
- Support the development and implementation of ESP Practice priorities.